Jul 21, 2008

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend starting with a relaxing Saturday. We hit our burger joint for what a guy here calls sticking to our American food. Well mine was a Jamaican burger, so I guess pretty close to home. Then we saw Wall-E. I would definitely recommend it for young and old. Good movie, stunning graphics, with a good message.

So after resting up a bit on Saturday, we took off for the Open on Sunday. It was at Birkdale, above Liverpool about 3.5 hr from Heathrow. I couldn't get the trains times to work in my favor so we grabbed a car and took off, my 2nd time driving here. I enjoy driving here, but the occasional double roundabouts throw me a bit.

The Open was something that I have always wanted to see. Sorry there is no pics, but we warned about cameras and had to go through a couple metal detectors before entering. It was as windy as the TV coverage showed and quite brisk to say the least. I think I owe Nicole a warm trip for our next one. The course was amazing and we were able to see a lot of great action. I think we were fine with Padraig winning. Didn't bother me as long as it wasn't fat head Phil.

Anyway, it was a great weekend to halfway stay here since we haven't in awhile. I am still a little groggy after getting in late, but that could also be the $10 USD Whopper that I bought at a rest stop. I try my best not to think about the exchange rate while we are here, but every once in awhile it becomes a little to apparent. Well, my first Whopper here was probably my last. At least, I can add to the collection of good exchange rate stories (Glenn and Nicole). Maybe I will share them with all down the road a bit.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

$10 Whopper. Wow. I have to tell Glenn. :) Glad you guys had a good time this weekend. Looked cold. I see you guys bought a couple of chairs for outside?