Jul 5, 2010

A Beach Break

I told Nikki that I would take her to the beach as part of her birthday this year. We decided to go to Outer Banks for a couple days since neither of us had ever been, sad I know. We had a great time and it was an extra good thing to pick Rachel up on the way there. I think it did us all some good to sit back and relax for awhile.

I went to the NC Aquarium on Saturday morning, yep I have a habit. One of their newer exhibits is a suspended globe that displays weather patterns and such. Now that is how I want to get my weather information.






Is it legal to own otters? Coop would be surprised I think.



We took the ferry over to Ocracoke for an afternoon. Is it the most remote area to get to in NC? It would at least be a 8 hour trip from Charlotte.

Wonder how long it would take on roads like the above?

And we finally were able to see and climb the Hatteras Lighthouse. I am no lighthouse connoisseur, but I believe it may be the standard to judge all others.




A lot of roadside dunes.

Aww, Nikki brought her kid. We have all laughed a lot about the perspective on this picture.

We all said we were going to kite surf one day. But I didn't see anyone make a big effort to make that day one of the ones on this trip.


The beach awaits.


Nah, not our place, but where we crossed the dunes.
Great trip and great food. Especially the frozen custards.

0 comments: