Mar 22, 2010

CR - Rafting

On our first day up at Arenal, we took in a half day white water rafting tour with the guys from Wave Expeditions. What a trip. The trip covered an 8 mile trek on the river Balsa with a stop for fresh fruit half way. The guides were so much fun. I think everyone thought this was going to be a leisurely stroll down river, but within a 100' of entering the river our raft was stuck on a rock and we saw a few others thrown from theirs. Most people say that a class 2 rapid in Costa Rica is a class 3 in the States. Who knows, but I know we worked hard and had so much fun. Along the way we were able to see toucans, iguanas, a lot of birds, and a sloth. I am probably forgetting a few more animals. I can't believe I have never been rafting, but I would do it again in a heartbeat and especially with this tour group. Oh yeah, no one even fell out from our boat. So much fun. After the trip they took us to a little restaurant for lunch. I don't think I had a bad meal on our entire trip. Everything tasted so fresh. This place is where I was introduced to Luzano's. It is a type of hot sauce, maybe honey flavored, but extremely flavorful. What a great way to really begin our vacation. I'll probably have another posted with some pics from the trip after I scan in the pics from the camera I used.



















0 comments: