Nov 17, 2008

A Slow Weekend

Not much going on and our time here is winding down, but let's see what I can report.

The lunch last week was good. I managed to make the full menu as I had mentioned, even with bringing most of the goods from the house. I figured it up and there was about 76 ingredients in the 3 course lunch. I probably over did it a little, but I do enjoy cooking. I got rave reviews from most, but I am not sure the British palette is suitable for Gumbo. I should have given it a bit more spice. Anyway, it was a fun day. The BBQ Bruschetta made me miss home a lot.

We had a good weekend of x-mas shopping at Covent Market and a movie last night. 007 was good and entertaining. I think it is worth the price of admission, but I wouldn't say it fits into my great movie category. It was just a little thick of a story with a tad bit of let down of momentum near the end. But I am starting to enjoy the stories of a young, inexperienced Bond a bit more than some of the old Bond movies.

Besides those bits, we were able to talk to the niece and nephew yesterday. X-mas there is going to be a blast. I am not sure where to find Dekan some peaches for x-mas though. Someone will have to teach that little guy to want more than that for the holidays. Ha.

Anyway, all good from here just a lot of studying to do between now and the end of the year for a young lass. As far as me, I just have to keep my nose clean as someone use to tell me and figure out where we are living when we return.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

no food pics? what gives?

daron said...

i got a little too busy to document the food. i did take a couple pictures of the table. i may post them.