Nov 12, 2008

Bits and Bobs

Well I have let Obama control my blog for long enough. But as you can guess, not much is going on. One of us knee deep in school work and the other is counting down the hours until he is stateside. So it is time for some of my random thoughts.

If you ever come to London, you must make time for the museums. They are my favorites in the world, as a complete collection, plus they are free. We started our farewell tour of places we have enjoyed with the British Museum on Friday Night. It is a great collection of a lot of the Brits souvenirs from Greece and Egypt and truly a sight to behold. We even saw the gold Kate Moss yoga statue. I am not sure it should be in the 'history' museum in the middle of the Greek section, but oh well.

Weekly cooking highlights - an eggplant stuffed with ground lamb, onions, tomatoes, and feta cheese. It was placed in the definite keeper pile. We also had a decent night of eats in China Town. Plus a truly thrown together Daron special of what we had in the kitchen. Chicken, broccoli in a soy based curry of onions, peppers and such. As I think I have said when I am bored my creativity goes into the cooking with no objections from Nikki.

Tomorrow is the first of a monthly office lunch with me being the special guest 'chef'. I think I have nailed the menu down. Everyone wanted a Southern style meal. Not sure this qualifies as Southern but here it is: Apps - Pulled Pork BBQ on Bruschetta, Finger Vegs, Jerk Chicken Wings with a Blue Cheese Dip. Main - Chicken, Chorizo, Crawfish Tails, Shrimp Gumbo. Desert - Cheesecake Squares with Berry/Mint Toppings, or other Toppings. We'll see if I can pull this off. Pics and reviews forthcoming.

Enough Food Talk. I am back on to American TV shows. We finished up Hell's Kitchen USA this week. I find it funny that Gordon Ramsey plays up his temper a bit for the American shows. He isn't that crude on his UK shows, which are quite enjoyable. We are going to fit in one of his restaurants before we leave. Also on the TV, Dexter and the Amazing Race. I am having to download them on Tuesday's here, but we are up to date. We are enjoying both of the new seasons. I am already excited that Lost and 24 are back on when I return.

Not much else is going on. We are still a bit behind on movies. Hoping to catch W and 007 soon. I am reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy before the movie hits next year. It is a decent page turner. Also started to catch up on my military history with a book on WWI.

So now you see what is happening to me at least when Nikki studies. She would probably add that there is a great deal of online poker happening. I have hit a lull, so there isn't much to write home about on that front.

Until next time, I will leave you with a pic of the two frozen Americans from the Chargers/Saints game last month at Wembley.



1 comments:

Daniel said...

I liked "The Road" very much. Completely depressing most of the way through but that's kinda how I like it.