So since I lost the thousands of pictures I was planning on posting, I need a new idea or to get out and take some more pictures. Traveling is one of the biggest things that relaxes me. Another is cooking. I can't say I am all that great at it, but I do love to get in the kitchen to experiment. Most of the time I combine recipes or mimic things that I see on TV. So from time to time I might share what I cooked recently with you.
I miss my cookware from home and my little buddy sitting there waiting for something to possibly hit the floor. But it is fun to get in there with my 2 pots and griddle and see what all I can still make here. Here is the menu from last night:
- Crushed almond coated trout fillets, slightly fried then baked.
- The trout was on a bed of onions, peppers, olives, capers, garlic, and a 4 herb butter/white wine sauce
- Diced carrots and zucchini grilled then simmered in a mint/basil red wine vinegar
- Thick sliced potatoes and boiled then fried (perfect)
- KFC style cole slaw
- and a bought Toffee Cheesecake
Yep, I am bragging on this dinner. It was one of the better ones and especially for about 40 minutes worth of work. I usually don't go that far with the amount of ingredients, but it was well worth it. Might not offer Nikki much, but I do have the cooking part handled. She is pretty good at it also. Until next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate the Hee-Haw reference, but I must correct you... "Hey Grandpa, what's fer supper?"

http://www.heehaw.com/cast.html

daron said...

After I wrote it, I started thinking I had it wrong.