Well actually is is raining a lot today and we had one day of rain over the weekend. Living here has definitely made me squash any dreams of living in the Pacific Northwest, at least until I grow some flippers.
We are quietly preparing for our trip to Spain and Portugal. It appears that we will have bright sunshine and few chances of rain. Smiles are starting already. We'll leave out Thursday for a much needed 10 day trip. We are both looking forward to the trip since most of our non-working trips have been under 5 days this year. The trip will be an exciting road trip around the SW of the peninsula. Can't wait. Hopefully I can send some pictures along the way.
Besides that, one of us has been frustrated by North American sport teams and the other has been preparing for school. I've told Nikki not to get so wrapped up in Cardinal baseball and MSU, because they tend to disappoint at times. Ha, I think her frustrations actually deal with my mood swings per game at this time of year and the fact that I am glued to the computer at all times of the night. I can't officially say RIP STL 2008, but I think they are about to pull the plug. Someone will have to explain Bulldog football to me, but I saw where someone joined our cellar dwelling in the SEC last night. I have never liked the color Orange.
So we are rapidly approaching our trip. Plus we just purchased £5 tickets to Metallica's release party when we return. I can't think of another concert where I spent so little. The next couple weeks should be fun.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Good to hear from you. I was wondering what you both have been up to, now I know. We miss both of you and can't wait to see pics from the upcoming trip. Love to both of you, Mom
PS. We may have a hurricane coming our way. (Hannah)
Stay in touch. Mom from Wendell, NC

Amanda said...

Just thinking well at least you guys lost too. :) We just didnt want you guys to be the only ones out of the SEC. Hey ours wasnt that bad. New coach, semi-new quarterback and to head into overtime. Was disappointed since none of my teams are doing anything right now. Glenn and I were just talking about how if you guys were in Charlotte we could of met over at Knoxville for the game around your birthday. That would of been fun. Glenn has never been to a real football game for college just Murray State...and we know that doesnt count.

Have fun on your trip! Love you all.