Aug 26, 2008

Bank Holiday Weekend

A 3 day weekend and we stuck around London for once. Mainly, because we are off to Spain/Portugal shortly. We had an enjoyable time around here though.
Saturday - Nikki had met an American gal at the gym and her and her husband had us over for dinner and the Olympics on Saturday night. At the point of sounding sappy, I do miss Americans. Just sitting around and talking about whatever with Angie and Jack made us both think about home a lot. A fun, relaxing night and I am sure we will see more of them in the future.
Sunday - First off Richmond Park for a bike ride. Can't say either of us had been on a bike much in the last few years. Nikki had a short stint in May, that is about all I can say for our brief biking trip at her Mom's house in May. But Sunday was a lot of fun. The park is about 2 miles from work, but I felt like I was a million miles from London. Definitely something to do again in the future. Loved seeing the deer also.




After a couple hours of riding in the park, we went back home to clean up and then off to finally see one of Nikki's favorite DJs Jeff Mills. I was very happy that she got to see him and some other good sets after all these years. Honestly, I am not positive what she did to get on stage. We'll see how closely she is reading my ramblings. A decent night all around.


Almost sunrise over probably my most photographed monument here. I want to do a collage one day of all the pictures of the Clock Tower.

Monday - Notting Hill Carnival. I can't say either of us was raring to go to this, but we wanted to see it and had a craving for Jerk Chicken. The crowds were a little much and I can't say that we experienced much of it. We did some of the parade and caught a lot of the atmosphere. It was a good time but we were beat.




All in all a good weekend and more memories. Cards also took 2 of 3 from them Bravos.

0 comments: