Aug 11, 2008

News and Notes

A decent weekend. Almost late fall weather on Saturday, not sure if I am ready for round 2 of the cold stuff here, especially since it is August. So I guess London had about 2 weeks of summer. Ha. Seriously, most of time it is comfortable weather in August.

It was a Cards/Cubs weekend. I actually watched the 2 loses for my first tv games of the year. Good games to pick to watch. Nicole is a good patient partner. First, 3 hours at a just ok sports bar on Friday and then she had to deal with my expletives directed at Adam Kennedy at 3.00 AM Monday morning. Lost track of where I was at and the fact that she was asleep. Oops. Is it me or are Cubs fans extra obnoxious this year? I don't think it is their year to break the 100 year streak by the way I have noticed them play. I think their down turn is coming in September when they have to leave their Little League ballpark. Also, what was up with Ryan Dempster flicking his glove to disguise his pitches? Not sure I had ever seen that one. Enough of this soapbox.

Beside the ballgames, we entertained ourselves with the Olympics a bit. Funny, hearing it all from the UK perspective instead of US. We took in the Transport Museum, a good time. I must confess again how much I love the quality of museums here. Also a stroll through Covent Garden Market, crowded as always, but we managed to find some good trinkets for people.

All in all a good weekend. I think I really needed to vent about the Cubs for a bit. Good thing MLB has a long season.

0 comments: