Oct 4, 2011

Pa-paw

Leslie "Pa-paw" French
April 30th, 1926 - Sept 28th, 2011


After having a stroke a couple weeks before, my granddad passed away last Wednesday. I have several images of him in my head over the years, but the blurry one below is one of the most enduring. I started thinking about him about what he meant to everyone on the flight home. He was most likely responsible for a bunch of Cardinal fans and several people catfishing on the banks of Kentucky Lake. He never met a stranger and there were probably very few moments where he had little to say. But through it all he never forced his opinion on anyone, it was more of talking to an old friend. He probably never knew it or thought about it much , but he left a great blueprint on how to be person in this tough world. He will be sorely missed and even after all his talks and tales, I still feel like there were more to hear.


0 comments: