We took a short train trip over to Glasgow on the 4th morning we were in Scotland. The city seems to be searching for it's identity a bit and missing the historic charm of Edinburgh. We did get to see one of my favorite architect's home city, so that helped with some of the lacking qualities. There appears to be a push for modernization at the probable cost of some of its historic bits. I guess it reminded me of some of the things I don't like about home. I know we missed a couple places that would have been nice to have seen, but that is what future trips are for. Nevertheless, we made the most of afternoon and night walking around the city.
Our arriving station, nicely situated close to everything

View over the River Clyde from our hotel room

Buchanan St, a pedestrian oriented shopping street

George Square

Mackintosh's Tea Room

Stairs of Mackintosh's Lighthouse

View (?) from the Lighthouse

Mackintosh's School of Art

0 comments: